Buy 3 or more and save 10% using coupon code "BUYING3+" in Shopping Cart
Buy 5 or more and save 20% using coupon code "BUYING5+" in Shopping Cart
16-month (Sept 2019 through Dec 2020) Art calendar with elegant paintings of historical Israel by David Roberts.
- All major Biblical/Jewish and Israeli holidays with extensive explanations
- All calendars feature Scriptures in English and Hebrew.
- All dates in both Jewish/Lunar and Gregorian/solar calendar systems.
- Weekly Torah and Haftarah portions and Suggested New Testament portions.
- Sabbath beginning and ending times.
- Hebrew Learning Materials.
- Pages designed to be frameable.
- PRODUCED AND PRINTED IN ISRAEL, TO THE HIGHEST STANDARD
Open - 30.5 x 42.8 cm
Closed - 30.5 x 21.4 cm
FEATURED ARTIST: David Roberts
Scotsman and prominent Orientalist painter, especially known for a prolific series of detailed prints of Egypt and the Near East, produced during the 1840’s from sketches made while touring the region (1838–1840).In August 1838, Roberts sailed to Egypt, intending to sketch drawings that he could later use for paintings and lithographs. Egypt was much in vogue then, and enthusiasts of antiquities were keen to buy works inspired by the East, [including the great monuments of ancient Egypt]. Roberts extensively toured Egypt, Nubia, the Sinai, the Holy Land, Jordan and Lebanon, returning with a vast collection of drawings and watercolour sketches. Once back in Britain, Roberts worked with lithographer Louis Haghe to produce the lavishly illustrated Sketches in the Holy Land and Syria, 1842-1849, and the Egypt & Nubia series. Subscribers to his work included Queen Victoria of England; her complete set is today in the Royal Collection.